Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why I read

  I read for many reasons. There is more than just one reason to read. The main reason for me is for imagination. It helps me to imagine something that is not happening in my life. I mainly like to read books about dystopia. It helps me imagine what things would be like in a different kind of society.  The Hunger Games and Matched are two amazing dystopia books. It’s cool to imagine yourself in one of the characters situations. It’s an escape from your own life. It can be an awesome adventure, when you’re not even moving. Another reason I read is simply for entertainment. It gives me something to do when I’m bored or when I have nothing else to do. When I’m in the car for a really long drive for vacation or to visit family, I like to read. It passes the time quicker and it makes the ride more entertaining. I don’t do any after school activities, so reading gives me something else to do. I remember last Christmas we had to go to Columbus to visit our family; I finished the whole Hunger Games series by the time we go home that day. Imagination and entertainment are the two main reasons I read, but there are many more. Why do you read?

5 comments:

  1. the reasons why we like to read are very similar and i think we read for alot of the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I read in the car during long trips too:) It definately helps pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh! how crazy! We have the same things! Im curious to know some of the things you imagine going on in you life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dystopia books are a very specific topic... the Giver is another dystopia book you might want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including some specific titles of books you've liked. Dystopian novels are very popular right now.

    ReplyDelete